Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Today I took the first step in the insurance appeal process. I wrote a letter requesting the "clinical review criteria" used to make the decision to reject my coverage. Once I get this information I can start with the actual appeal letter. Exciting stuff. Luckily there is no charge for this service, but I am getting stressed out about this whole situation because I can't start on the appeal letter now. And I probably have to track down the Roanoke ER doctor who admitted me into the hospital to help argue my case if necessary. I was talking to Tom about all of this when he got home and he calmed me down and told me to relax because I can't do anything until I get the criteria back anyway. And I will have more than one try to make my case, and I have 180 days to get it done. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment