Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's amazing how the little things become big
When you lose them and get them back again

Tonight we had dinner on the back deck. After my long day at doctor's office and calling the insurance company and other things, I took a nap (which is necessary when you are on pain meds). Tom woke me up and encouraged me to have dinner with him on the deck (usually I eat sitting on the recliner). I was not up for it at first, but he brought me a sweater and helped me off the couch and outside. Two reclined lawn chairs were set up and dinner was ready on the table. This took some work on his part because everything was still packed up for the winter. We had a wonderful time eating dinner together and watching the birds fly by and talking about the day. Then he brought me a freshly iced cup cake that his sister sent home with him on Sunday as a get-well gift. How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment