Friday, July 24, 2009

West, Phase 1 - Grand Tetons

We traveled with a nice group of 12 people from the Outdoor Adventure Social Club of Charlottesville. Pete was our leader and did a great job planning. We visited Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho.

Day 1 - Friday July 24, 2009
Drive to Richmond. Fly to Salt Lake City via Houston. No delays, but does not matter too much because we arrive a day early before the rest of the group. Spend the night in a nice hotel.

While taking pictures out the window of the plane, I discover that my camera is not working. I must have put my new heavy lens on wrong because the aperture lever on the body is not working. I try to bend it back by hand but nothing is working. I don't have a multi-tool with pliers, but even if I did I am too afraid to attempt self-repair that I might inflict irreparable damage. I am thinking that I need to send it back to Nikon, which would mean I have 10 pounds of dead weight to carry around for 10 days of travel. Luckily I have a back-up point-and-shoot camera, but it is just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment