Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rollin'

Tyler rolled over today for the first time, from his back to his stomach.  He was supposed to be taking a nap and was talking and carrying on.  Then he started to really yell on the monitor, so I went in to check on him and he was on his stomach!  Pretty funny actually.  He rolled onto his stomach and was pretty upset, because he does not like tummy time, and could not roll back.  So I rolled him back and put in his pacifier and he went right back to sleep.

Tyler has also found his new voice.  It is in the form of pterodactyl scream.  I asked him was happened to his cute cooing, and he just answers me with a smile and scream.  Still cute none the less.

Oh, and we had an earthquake the other day.  It was a 5.8 and it was about 40 miles away.  Tame for California people but very eventful for us eastcoasters.  I was out shopping and Tom was home with Tyler, who was just beginning to stir after a nap.  Tom picked up Tyler and went outside for safety, but when it was over, returned him to his crib and Tyler went right back to sleep.  We have had several aftershocks since then, including one in the night that was a 4.5.  It woke me but Tyler slept right through it. That's my baby! 

Now we have a hurricane coming.  My parents might stay with us if they have a mandatory evacuation.  We might lose power, which only bothers me because I have almost 3 days worth of breastmilk in the freezer that might go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment