Monday, May 31, 2010

High Altitude Training

Ok, so maybe not mile-high training.  Today we biked Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, from Loft Mt Wayside to Big Meadows and back.  The park is high enough elevation to feel considerable cooler than Charlottesville, and the tree cover is beautiful and shady. 

From MS 150 Rides
The plan was for 60 miles (30 out, 30 back), but at Swift Run Gap I stopped and asked and Amy pick me up on her way out of the park. I felt like a quitter, but considering everything I did this weekend it did not seem too bad.  I still did 43 miles, and it was the largest climb in one ride for me - 1300'.
From MS 150 Rides

Me and Amy at Big Meadows Visitor Center on Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park. She beat me up the mountain by 45 minutes! I was glad to finish, and beat the thunderstorm looming in the background.
From MS 150 Rides
Saturday I rode 53 miles and the climb was 700'.  96 miles in one weekend.  Not bad.  And I feel pretty good.  A little sore and tired, but no major muscle or joint issues.

From MS 150 Rides

No comments:

Post a Comment