Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fresh Off the Plane

24 hours of flying.  And now I am wide awake (it's 8pm nz time).  Time changed tonight for DST in our favor, but for only one hour out of twelve.   Do I dare start sorting through the pile of email and photos? No, I would rather blog at the moment.  Patience my friends.  Photos will come in due time.

The flights went well.  All on time, full, friendly.  Slept about 8 of the 12 hours of the trans-pacific flight, briefly waking only two times.  I am getting good at this?

Before we left Auckland, we attended the Pasifika Festival.  Like a state fair, but so much better.  Many South Pacific Islands represented with food, singing, dancing, arts, crafts, and other events.  Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji, Niue, Tahiti, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Kiribati and the Tangata Whenua (New Zealand Maori).  Needs pictures and video to do justice, coming soon.  It was great to mingle with the locals, and not stand out so much as tourists (we were all wearing hats and cameras). 

I miss New Zealand already, but it is so good to be home.  Pet the cats, shower in my own bathroom, sleep in my own quiet comfortable bed....Aaahhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment